Are you moving and trying to figure out the best way to pack in order to save you time and the stress? Moving is not an easy task in itself, but packing is a whole other topic to tackle. If you want to skip packing altogether, consider hiring a moving company in Greensboro, NC that you can trust to pack your entire house for you and handle your belongings with care. Or if you want to handle the packing yourself, follow these five packing tips to ensure a smooth, stress-free move.
- Start Packing Early and Research Moving Companies. An estimated 43 million Americans move each year because of work, military relocation, or personal decisions. Whatever the reason behind your move, packing is a part of the process and for many it is a stressful portion, which is why you want to start packing and researching early on. By packing early, you can eliminate the final rush that causes unorganized packing, damages your belongings, and causes things and tasks to be forgotten. Start by collecting your packing materials such as boxes, tape, markers, and wrapping paper or bubble wrap. If you begin researching for moving companies early, you will ensure a space by the time of your move and you will be able to find a moving company that makes you feel comfortable.
- Organize Your Packing By Rooms. When you are packing, keep things organized by packing up one room at a time and labeling each box with which room it belongs to so that when your boxes are delivered to the new space, they can be sat in that particular room. Consider things you will need between your packing date and your moving date, and pack up things that you can live without for that period. Are you moving during the hotter season? Then you can go ahead and pack up your heavy winter clothes. Utilize all of your space by keeping clothes on their hangers, moving them as they are, and filling suitcases and dressers with other items.
- Moving Major Appliances and Electronics Can Be Tricky. Appliances like washing machines, dryers, and televisions can be nerve-racking to move because they are large, bulky, and expensive to replace. First, you will need to disassemble and/or empty these items and your washer may need to drain. It’s probably a good idea to let your moving company tackle these items, as they have the experience and tools to make the move much smoother.
- Have an “Essentials Box” and Save it for Last. As it gets closer to your move date, you will notice that you need less and can pack up the final remaining items in your home. There will still be items you need daily, toiletries and such, so create an “essentials box” that you can put all of your daily items into and access easily. Keep this box with you in your car, and out of the moving truck, so that you’ll be able to access it easily when you arrive at your new home.
- Schedule a Free Donation Pickup for Items You Do Not Need. Lastly, schedule a free donation pickup for items you have found that you no longer need or will repurchase for your new home. Companies such as the Salvation Army will come and pick these up for you to save you the hassle of trying to discard them yourself.
Steele and Vaughn is a Moving Company in Greensboro that You Can Trust with Your Belongings
Above all else, to keep your sanity during a move, hire a moving company in Greensboro that will care for your possessions and handle them with experience. Steel & Vaughn has been serving the Greensboro area since 1934. Call (336)273-0546 today for a free estimate.